Dr. Robert I. Forster
Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
Fellowship-Trained in Hand & Upper Extremity Surgery
Dr. Forster is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon specializing in hand and upper extremity problems including injuries and deformities of the hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder. He provides specialized care using minimally invasive techniques to restore patients to their optimal function. He uses his expertise in endoscopic, arthroscopic and microscopic skills to manage a wide variety of upper extremity problems.
Dr. Forster received his medical degree and completed his orthopaedic surgical training at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. He then completed a fellowship in Hand, Microvascular and Upper Extremity Surgery at the University of California at Davis.
Dr. Forster was awarded the illustrious Joseph H. Boynes award for his research in the care of hand disorders at the American Society for the Surgery of the Hand. Dr. Forster is a member of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand. In addition to his board certification, Dr. Forster received his Certificate of Added Qualifications in Surgery of the Hand.
In his spare time, Dr. Forster enjoys spending time with his family, playing with his dogs and bicycling.
- Undergraduate: College of Engineering of Rutgers University, Piscataway Township, NJ
- Medical: New Jersey Medical School, University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey (U.M.D.N.J.), Newark, NJ
- Surgical Internship: Rutgers University (U.M.D.N.J.) – New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ
- Research Fellowship: Amgen, Thousand Oaks, CA
- Orthopaedic Residency: Rutgers University (U.M.D.N.J.) – New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ
- Hand & Upper Extremity Fellowship: University of California at Davis, Sacramento, Davis, CA
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Florida Hand Society
Robert I. Forster, MD, FAAOS
Dr. Forster specializes in the treatment of a variety of orthopaedic conditions and performs several orthopaedic procedures, including:
- Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery
- Arthroscopic and Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Tendon, Nerves and Joint Surgery