We have taken several measures to protect our patients and staff and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, including the following:
- Cleaning and sanitizing exam rooms after each patient.
- Frequently sanitizing all waiting areas, door handles, restrooms, pens and surface areas.
- Screening all patients with a temperature check and screening questionnaire.
- All staff members and patients are required to wear face masks or a face covering. We kindly ask that you bring your own face mask or face covering.
- Routinely-scheduled deep cleaning and sanitization of the whole office by a professional cleaning service.
- Use of full array of personal protective equipment for our staff, in addition to practicing appropriate distancing.
- Modified our check in procedure to allow for proper distancing.
- Telemedicine options for patients who wish to remain at home.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our office. We are happy to assist.
Please call the office to make an appointment in advance. If you are unable to keep your appointment, please call us as far in advance as possible so we may use that time to see another patient in need of care. We make a sincere effort to adhere to our appointment schedule and appreciate your patience if we are late due to emergencies or hospital surgery.
- As mentioned above, we do require all patients to wear face masks or a face covering during in-office appointments.
- Additionally, anyone who accompanies you to the appointment should wait in the car if possible to limit the number of people in the office. However, we do make exceptions for patients who need help getting around, require assistance with translation or a patient that is a minor. Please communicate these needs to our office staff so that we can accommodate you.
- Once you arrive for your appointment, please call the office to check in: (772) 335-4770 (Port St. Lucie) or (772) 403-6767 (Stuart).
- Please remain in your vehicle until the office calls you back to notify you that you may enter the office for your appointment.
Preparing For In-Office Appointment
Patients who have a fever, cough, or known exposure to COVID-19 should not come to the office. Patients who have traveled outside of the United States or to New York, New Jersey, Connecticut or Louisiana should also avoid coming to the office until they have completed the recommended 14-day quarantine period. If you need to cancel your appointment or move your appointment to a telemedicine format, please call our office at (772) 335-4770 as soon as possible to make arrangements.
Florida Orthopaedic Specialists offers telemedicine for patients who would prefer to remain at home. If you would like to schedule a telemedicine appointment, please call our office at (772) 335-4770 or request an appointment online here.