Joseph M. Wierzbicki, MD, CAQSM, RMSKFellowship-Trained in Primary Care Sports Medicine
Board Certified Family Medicine Physician
Joseph M. Wierzbicki, MD, CAQSM, RMSK
Personal Website: doctorw.org
Dr. Wierzbicki specializes in the following areas:
- Sports Medicine
- Non-Surgical Orthopaedics
- Diagnostic and Interventional Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
About Joseph M. Wierzbicki, MD, CAQSM, RMSK
Dr. Joseph Wierzbicki specializes in management of osteoarthritis, tendinitis, bursitis, and fractures. His clinical practice also includes acute musculoskeletal injuries, pediatric orthopaedics, exercise prescriptions, strength training and conditioning, preventative care and health promotion, running medicine, and care for athletes of all ages and levels. He also specializes in ultrasound guided injections with steroid, viscosupplementation, autologous blood, stem cells, and platelet-rich plasma (PRP).
Dr. Wierzbicki joined Florida Orthopaedic Specialists in 2013. He graduated Summa Cum Laude from Creighton University with a degree in Medical Mathematics. He received his medical degree from the University of Kansas. He then completed a residency in Family Medicine with a focus on Musculoskeletal Medicine at the University of Florida and a fellowship in Sports Medicine at the University of South Florida.
Dr. Wierzbicki has served as a team physician for all athletic teams at the University of South Florida, the Tampa Bay Storm, and the Clearwater Threshers. He formerly assisted the medical staffs of the Philadelphia Phillies and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- Undergraduate: Creighton University, Omaha, NE
- Medical: Kansas University School of Medicine, Kansas City, KS
- Family Medicine Residency: University of Florida, Gainesville, FL (Sports Medicine Concentration)
- Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship: University of South Florida - Morton Plant Mease, Tampa - Clearwater, FL
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine (AMSSM)
- American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
- American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP)