Joseph M. Wierzbicki, M.D.Joseph M. Wierzbicki, M.D., C.A.Q.S.M., R.M.S.K.
Fellowship trained and Board Certified in Non-Surgical Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine
Joseph M. Wierzbicki, M.D.
Personal Website: doctorw.org
Dr. Wierzbicki specializes in the following areas:
- Sports Medicine
- Non-Surgical Orthopaedics
- Diagnostic and Interventional Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
About Joseph M. Wierzbicki, M.D.
Dr. Wierzbicki joined Florida Orthopaedic Specialists in 2013. He graduated Summa Cum Laude from Creighton University with a degree in Medical Mathematics. He received his medical degree from the University of Kansas. Dr. Wierzbicki completed residency in Family Medicine with a focus on Musculoskeletal Medicine at the University of Florida and a fellowship in Sports Medicine at the University of South Florida.
Dr. Wierzbicki’s clinical focus is the management of osteoarthritis, tendinitis, bursitis, and fractures. His clinical practice also includes acute musculoskeletal injuries, pediatric orthopaedics, exercise prescriptions, strength training and conditioning, preventative care and health promotion, running medicine, and care for athletes of all ages and levels. He is also a specialist of ultrasound guided injections with steroid, viscosupplementation, autologous blood, stem cells, and platelet-rich plasma (PRP).
Dr. Wierzbicki has served as a team physician for all athletic teams at the University of South Florida, the Tampa Bay Storm, and the Clearwater Threshers. He formerly assisted the medical staffs of the Philadelphia Phillies and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- College: Creighton University, Omaha, NE
- Medical School: Kansas University School of Medicine, Kansas City, KS
- Residency: University of Florida, Gainesville, FL (Family Medicine with Sports Medicine Concentration)
- Fellowship: University of South Florida - Morton Plant Mease, Tampa - Clearwater, FL (Sports Medicine)
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine (AMSSM)
- American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP)
- American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
Licenses And Certifications
C.A.Q.S.M. --- Certificate of Additional Qualification in Sports Medicine
R.M.S.K. --- Registered in Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
Please view and leave him feedback on the sites linked below: