Mark J. Powers, MD, FACS, FAAOSBoard Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
Fellowship-Trained in Adult Reconstructive Surgery
Mark J. Powers, MD, FACS, FAAOS
Dr. Powers specializes in the treatment of a variety of orthopaedic conditions and performs several orthopaedic procedures, including:
- Total Joint Replacement; Hip, Knee & Shoulder
- Sports Medicine
- General Orthopaedics
About Mark J. Powers, MD, FACS, FAAOS
Dr. Mark Powers, the founding member of Florida Orthopaedic Specialists, is a board-certified and fellowship trained orthopaedic surgeon specializing in the repair and reconstruction of injured and arthritic joints. He offers the most recent advances in total joint replacement, arthroscopy, rotator cuff surgery, and anterior cruciate ligament repair. He is also one of the pioneers of the muscle sparing surgery of the hip and knee, which results in significantly less pain and a much faster recovery to normal activities.
Dr. Powers received his undergraduate and medical degrees from Georgetown University. He completed his general surgical training at Georgetown University Medical Center and his orthopaedic surgical training at Brown University, Rhode Island Hospital. Dr. Powers received subspecialty training in Sports Medicine at the Salt Lake City Center of Sports Medicine in Utah, and completed a fellowship in Total Joint Replacement and Adult Reconstructive Surgery at the University of South Florida in Tampa.
Dr. Powers developed the St. Lucie County Sports Medicine program and served as the physician for the Golden Bear Golf Tour. He was a member of the St. Lucie Medical Center Board of Trustees and Medical Executive Committee.
- Undergraduate: Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.
- Medical: Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.
- General Surgery Residency: Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, D.C.
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Rhode Island Hospital, Brown University, Washington, D.C.
- Sports Medicine Subspecialty Training: Salt Lake City Sports Medicine Center, Salt Lake City, UT
- Adult Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship: Florida Orthopaedic Institute, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
- Florida Orthopaedic Society