Paul E. M. Johnson, MD, FAAOSBoard Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
Fellowship-Trained in Foot & Ankle Surgery
Paul E. M. Johnson, MD, FAAOS
Dr. Johnson specializes in the treatment of a variety of orthopaedic conditions and performs several orthopaedic procedures, including:
- Lower Extremity Orthopaedics
- Joint Replacement
- Sports Medicine
- General Orthopaedics
About Paul E. M. Johnson, MD, FAAOS
Dr. Paul Johnson is a board-certified and fellowship trained orthopaedic surgeon specializing in conditions affecting the lower extremities, including arthritic conditions, tendon and ligament disorders, and fractures. He offers the most advanced options in joint replacement, arthroscopy, and minimally-invasive techniques, and employs the latest in biologic adjuncts to aid healing, including platelet-rich plasma (PRP) and bone marrow derived stem cell concentrate (BMAC). He has a special interest in hip and knee arthritis, sports-related injuries and conditions, flatfoot reconstruction, and bunion/hammertoe correction.
Dr. Johnson received his undergraduate degree from Tulane University and went on to earn his graduate degree from Columbia University. He received his medical degree from Mount Sinai Medical School/NYU, and then completed his orthopaedic surgical training at Albany Medical Center. Dr. Johnson received advanced subspecialty training in Foot and Ankle Orthopaedic Surgery at the prestigious fellowship program at Union Memorial Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland.
Dr. Johnson served in the United States Navy as an orthopaedic surgeon, where he earned the rank of Lieutenant Commander, and received several decorations for meritorious service.
- Undergraduate: B.S. in Psychology & Philosophy, Tulane University, New Orleans, LA
- Masters: M.A. in Developmental Psychology, Columbia University, New York, NY
- Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Medical Program: Columbia University, New York, NY
- Medical: Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Albany Medical Center, Albany, NY
- Foot & Ankle Fellowship: Drs. Schon, Guyton, Miller, and Wisbeck at Medstar Union Memorial Hospital, Baltimore, MD
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons – Board Certified Diplomate
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Association – Emerging Leaders Program
- American Medical Association